"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

June 17, 2009

This week

I'm in a not-so-positive mood at the moment. I'm just crabby because I have been feeling bad and not sleeping well. And I'm getting pretty bored laying around all day- even if 70% of the time it's on the lake. At least I am getting tan. Yesterday I officially started my job hunt- I'm missing coaching so bad that I'm dreaming gymnastics. I hope there will be at least one team coaching position open, but I have to factor in the fact that I would have to work around scans and radiation AND clinicals. What a pain. I'm looking for nursing jobs as well, but it's the same deal with scheduling- PLUS the fact that I haven't really done clinical RN stuff in a year. I just need to get down and apply because at least I can start with options to choose from.

I decided that I'm going to be a painted cyclist in the Solstice Parade this year. I recruited some friends as well. For people outside of Washington, one of the Seattle artsy neighborhoods- Fremont- puts on a huge Solstice parade every summer, along with a street fair and "art cars" (cars decorated with the most random things) exhibition. One of the highlights of the parade is a group of at least 300 bikers who come out first- all in body paint and "au naturale," The painting jobs are usually pretty amazing, and people also decorate their bikes and helmets in streamers and paper mache figures. Last year there were two ladies painted like American flags, bumble bees on tandem, and a group of 3 Waldo's cycling around. I decided on a space theme and so tomorrow I'm going to buy some colors of textile acrylic paint. I won't say anymore about the experience until it's over- but this Saturday is the ride. Solstice is my favorite part about Seattle summer and this weekend should be awesome.

Well tomorrow is my cardiac echo and I will definitely report back on those findings as soon as I get them. As far as Thursday's CT scan- I'm not going to know anything until Monday's appointment with my gyn onc and I will report as soon as I know. (So no calling every second mom and dad!). I also should get my latest CA-125 count. Oh- I talked to the nurses and got the CT scan ok'd to include my neck. So now I can get a double check on the thyroid lump that's still there. The doc said it was just a lymph node and it isn't hard like a tumor, but I still want to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment