"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

November 19, 2010

Night and Day

Aha I figured out how to switch my blog from one google account to another! and it's not easy!!!

Just thought I'd give a quick check up- you know, the post before the BIG life-changing-thoughtful post that I may have at like 5:36am within the next week or so... It's a touchy science like earthquake prediction :| (Seattle is due for a big one!!! or so they have been saying for weeks now)

I'm feeling ok & off the narcs. And no you can't have any because I may need them for a headache some day ;). So stop asking. The other day I did wake up in pain, at 10am. Although I was super excited to be awake in the am. for once, I had to take a Dilaudid and slept until the afternoon anyways. I guess I can't sleep on my left side. Maybe because the remaining organs on my the right side are stapled or clipped in place and that stretches them?

My sleep schedule is wrecked again. I'm in full on vampire mode. What's funny is that in my house I'm rarely even the last one to get up.... at 4pm! I love the upstairs people: we love sleep and we only see the sunrise as we close our blinds and stumble off to bed ;) Wait! Sun in Seattle?

Ok I'm getting slap-happy cause it's 3:38am. I better re-focus. I have a doctor's appointment at 9am on the 8th. No I did not make that appointment. I think I may have to stay up all night to be up in time for that. SCCA should know me by now- I was always the last blood draw of the evening, in the last radiation therapy spot of the day, and had to reschedule chemo once or twice because I couldn't make my 1pm appointments. I am ridiculous but at least I know my body well enough to know what times to avoid!

I'm not sure what the treatment plan is going to be. Chemo? Radiation? Both? None? Honestly people keep asking me what I'm going to do next and I have to almost remind myself what they are talking about. It's weird how right now it's on the back of my mind, and when some people see me it's the only thing they can think about.....

My steri-strips are off and the incision scar will not be pretty. This time I'm definitely gonna have to get that tattoo. Still deciding of what....

I watched a Grey's Anatomy tonight about all the residents doing the night shift- reminds me of my life right now. On the show the lead characters work separate surgery shifts- as the alarm goes off for the male lead, the female character is just crawling into bed. There are nights when I know what time it is when 1.) the garbage men come and a little later 2.) my roommate's (the one who occasionally has to get up earlier than 2pm for work) alarm going off. Those nights suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment