"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

December 2, 2010

Thanks

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to all of those who were so helpful during my surgery.

My roommates: Melanie, Paul, Talisha, Jim, Jasonelle, Paz --> you guys were awesome. Thanks for being there for my recovery. I'm apologize for anything said while I was high on IV Benadryl. I'm pretty sure I even apologized while drugged ;) Melanie thank you for being on the phone with my parents and giving them updates during surgery and for giving me a ride so early in the morning. I'm so appreciative of that and my parents are too.
Shawn: You were an amazing nurse to me. You were there the whole time helping me walk, keeping me company, measuring my pee, making sure that I didn't overdose on narcotics... And thank you so much for reassuring my parents and giving them updates. This definitely could be a promising career for you.
Other friends: Thanks for the support and well-wishes all around. I'm grateful to have so many caring people in my life. Laura and Justin- I haven't seen you in forever and I love that you were able to stop by. I also love the random emails I get from friends I haven't talked to in ages- it's uplifting.
Family: Mom & Dad you worry too much but I feel loved. Ashley, you are so positive about all of this which is so needed. Mom & Dad need that level head. Other fam, I know we haven't connected and kept in touch but I really appreciate the love even from so far away.
Dr. Swisher- you did an amazing job and know your shit! Thanks for managing my unique case and keeping up to date with the new research- it was so reassuring to see you at that Ovarian Cancer Symposium!
Laura the resident: You were the one who told me the results of my first surgery and gave me the news exactly how I would have done it. I love that you were on my case 2 years later! Also I'm convinced that you did my surgery this time. Attendings will never tell you that, but I bet I'm a practice case. No complications or complaints so far...
I highly recommend the University of Washington for any surgery- I guess last year it was in the top 5 or so in oncology.

Thanks again  everyone for the positive vibes!! You all are definitely part of the reason I'm still going strong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment