"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

August 18, 2009

Radiation sucks!

Not much to report. Radiation sucks. I'm so tired that I can do about one errand a day, and that errand is to drive to radiation. I don't have any diarrhea, but I have been nauseous a few times in the last week. Kinda randomly. And I am starting to get really bad chemo brain. I'm forgetful and am having a hard time bring up words to mind when speaking. Arghhhhhhhhhhh over a week to go...

I see the radiation oncologist once a week to go over my symptoms and the progress of the treatments. At our last meeting he recommended that I do an extra 3 treatments aimed at the area over my para-aortic nodes where the highest tumor was found. I was like, whatever, what's 3 extra days going to matter? Well we'll see now cause I'm getting really tired of this.

My doctor hadn't order a CA-125 for me yet so I demanded to get it drawn last week. I feel like they have totally forgotten about me- I hadn't had the test in almost 3 month! But all is good, I got it back and it was 9! I think that is my second lowest number yet. And it had better be cause I'm not doing this double whammy preventative chemo-radiation combo for nothing!

Other than that... My sis came to visit last week. We spend a good portion of the time napping or watching movies on my bed. She was just as tired as me! We did go to Karaoke and a fun Madonna-Elvis party though. She dressed up like Like-A-Virgin Madonna in a white corset, and I did the whole cone-boob thing. They were rocking costumes! Pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment