"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

May 25, 2011

First week of Avastin

I feel fine, and been monitoring for anything unusual. Last week i went in to talk to the social worker and happened to have my weight and blood pressure checked- I was 121lbs and my BP was 128/92! My blood pressure had gone up 20 points on both parts! I didn't believe the nurse's reading, and so I ran around to varying offices in search of an automated machine. After struggling for 5 minutes just to put the velcro cuff on my arm (I could have done it manually twice as fast) I got a new reading- 120/82. Hmm.. that's much more normal but still 2x as high. I guess Avastin does indeed cause your pressure to go up.

Other than my now normal blood pressure, I have no other issues. I guess if you don't count the fact that I only have 2 or 3 pairs of pants that really fit. Darn! I guess now I have an excuse to go shopping ;)

I haven't yet met with Dr. Rivkin to discuss the Avastin treatments, or to even officially go over the CT scan results. I'm going to try to go in tomorrow, but if not I can always see him next week. This weekend kicks off festival season :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I just went through your blogs and hope you don't mind that I'm following your posts. :)
    I'm so glad your on Avastin! I'm on an anti-angiogeneses clinical trial drug for clear cell right now. Sounds like you have a great Doc now and in good hands!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no worries- I started this thing to keep people informed and connect to other survivors. Do you have a blog? What drug are you on? The latest research showed very good results for both duration of remission and regression of active tumors for Avastin- I hope your drug does the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been in a clinical trial for almost a year, enmd-2076, phase 2. I do have a blog...but have been slacking in the updates, lol. It is
    www.cynthiacraig.blogspot.com
    I hope we both can continue on with amazing results! One year for me in a few weeks on this trial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to both of you...I still love you Ambien and hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete