"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

March 23, 2009

new school plan

So I have pretty much felt like crap since Monday. Studying for finals was awful. I was so tired and had so much information to retain and it just made me crabby and more miserable. I ended up going to my final on 3 hrs of sleep which was awful but at least I passed!

I had a meeting with my profs after the final and turns out they had designed an alternate program for me so that I could finish. Awesome cause during the past couple of weeks I have been wondering how I would be able to do it- I was already so behind in clinical hours and I was just able to go for 1/2 days. I really don't think I would have been able to handle another quarter- especially as the effects of chemo were accumulating... And because it is an intense, consecutive program- I would have to take a year off instead of just a quarter. So fortunately, I have a new plan: next quarter I just do my two lecture courses and not clinical. Then I can relax a little more during the hardest parts of chemo- and avoid all the germs swimming around the clinics. Instead of doing my final practicum this summer like my classmates, I'm going to restart clinicals as if it were spring quarter. Then I can do my final practicum and graduate at the end of the fall. Sounds good to me! I'm going to miss going to clinical but I know that I'm going to feel a lot better in the meantime. I don't think I could have taken another year off....

4 comments:

  1. Hey Amber,
    I'm so glad that they figured out a more manageable schedule for you and you won't have to wait another year! And congrats on passing your final on 3 hours of sleep - nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i'm relieved- I was starting to worry at the end of the quarter. Too bad cause I actually had a seattle site for once.... I would have to go like 4 times a week and 1/2 days if I was going to do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great that they are working with you on scheduling and everything! It's tough for sure, but it you can do it and it will all work out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amber, that's great news! I'm glad we'll still be seeing you in class.

    ReplyDelete