"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

April 9, 2009

I'm 1/2 Way Done!

It turns out that my mom is doing ok today and is talking a lot more than ever. She has been moved to a regular unit and is mostly complaining about the boredom. She still has a feeding tube which runs at night, and then she eats normal food during the day. I guess so far she has some bites of sandwich! In any case, friends and family have said that she doesn't seem as bad as I was thinking, and that there are minimal cognitive deficits so far. YAY!!!

I've got the tingles in my fingertips- all of them this time. Yesterday the bone pain began again- same old places- under my knee cap and along my shins. I'm not nauseous as long as I take my steroid and Compazine, which are making me pretty tired. I've been trying to get chores and errands done today and yesterday but I keep doing stupid things like forgetting to bring my money to get gas... I'm just all-around spacey.

I've got two new pictures- one of my new red and black wig! I love it and people comment on it where ever I go! Thanks to Ashley for that one!














Also I just wanted to say thanks for all the support I've been getting. I really really appreciate it. Last week I got the cutest package from my old gymnasts in St Louis. I taught these girls gymnastics for 2 years before moving here, and I still try to see them whenever I visit the area. Now some of them are 12 (rather than 6&7) and one is even graduating high school! Anyways, they sent me a box with a cute little Build-A-Bear bunny, homemade cookies, and a book of homemade cards. Even better, they made a video of themselves doing gymnastics and telling me a little about what they are doing now. Oh it was so cute that I cried when I read and watched the cards and video! Thanks so much girls- I love it and I MISS YOU ALL!!!

So here's a pic I snapped of the front of the big card:


No comments:

Post a Comment