"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

May 27, 2009

Chemo 5

Well it was last week. And it sucked.. I felt crappy all weekend which was a major buzzkill. This weekend was supposed to be loaded with activities: Northwest Folklife Music Festival on Friday, Sat, and then the Sasquatch Music Festival on Monday. Parties and camping in between. I had all these plans... and no stamina. Friday I felt so crappy and nauseous after my morning class that I skipped my afternoon one and slept until 7pm! All my friends went to Folklife that night and I stayed in bed. Saturday I made it out for a few hours, but was beat after 4 hrs in the sun and skipped another good afterparty to go to bed early. The same thing on Sunday. I finally felt pretty good Monday and so drove 2 hrs to the columbia river gorge for Sasquatch. I had planned on camping but trying to figure out how to park overnight and meet up with people wasn't worth it. The day was warm and beautiful and finally I felt good. The shows were pretty good, including Ben Harper who was amazing from about 10 rows back! I was excited because I also got to meet up with my fellow blogger Adam- we kicked it most of the day and shared our frustrations ;)

All in all, I'm totally ready to be done with this shit. It's been such a long process. Months of planning my calendar around one-week of "sick" days. Who else gets to plan when they are gonna be feel like crap?

No comments:

Post a Comment