"When an affliction happens to you, you either let it defeat you, or you defeat it.." - Rosalind Russell

May 13, 2009

The Gift of Cancer

I came across another cancer blog and found section that I thought was perfect to describe my feelings and what cancer has given me:
I have realized just recently that when I am thinking positively, I am thinking about things that are real . . . the love and support of friends and family, the knowledge that my body is healing from the chemotherapy treatments, and most of all, the tremendous opportunity I have, thanks to my illness, to stop the speed of life and take time to reflect on what is important.
If you want to check out his blog:
http://lymphnotes.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

1 comment:

  1. Interesting comment, I don't know that I've had that kind of revolution, but I've certainly come to the conclusion that a poor attitude will get you nowhere.

    About the radiation, I'm not sure why only 30 days total, it's just what was prescribed from the very beginning. The tech who actually perform it asked if I was getting 25 days; I imagine that's a typical schedule or something... The 30 days is total, weekdays, M-F, so it's a total of 6 weeks all together.

    ReplyDelete